- Why Aeration?
Why Aeration? Ponds without oxygen can become stagnant resulting in excess algae, muck on the bottom, and potentially unhealthy or dying fish.
The process of aeration supplies the water with rich oxygen and removes excess nutrients and pollutants making the entire body of water a healthy ecosystem.
- All ponds benefit from aeration using some type of pond aerators
- Without aeration, ponds turn eutrophic, which means they start to produce algae and bottom muck
- Ponds also experience “turn over” in the spring and the fall due to water stratification
- Stagnant ponds can produce foul odors due to certain algae. Pond aeration helps to eliminate this problem
- Aeration increases the healthy water living space for fish and helps with pond algae control
Check out our aerators here.
- 3 Ways to Control Algae in your Pond
- Common Windmill Questions and Answers
- Outdoor Water Solutions Video Channel
- Want a Picture Perfect Pond?
- Windmill Pond Aeration
- Outdoor Water Solutions Catalog
- Farm Pond Aeration
- Golf Pond Aeration
- Aeration Costs
- Healthy Ponds
- Pond Algae
- Owner Manuals
- Outdoor Water Solutions Articles
- Pond Expert Bob Lusk
- OWS Links