- Windmill Aeration
Adding oxygen to your water helps replenish the pond to the proper levels for maintaining clean water, keeping the bacteria levels low, and improving water circulation. Windmill aeration creates vertical movement in the pond which prevents stratification. When pond stratification occurs, the colder bottom layers have less oxygen to support it’s ecosystem, thus causing “fish kill” in some cases. Good water circulation has a great benefit for pond owners in the heat of the summer. It decreases the chances of mosquitoes laying their eggs in the pond and reproducing!
A pond or lake that uses windmill aeration is usually a very healthy, thriving pond!
- 3 Ways to Control Algae in your Pond
- Common Windmill Questions and Answers
- Outdoor Water Solutions Video Channel
- Want a Picture Perfect Pond?
- Windmill Pond Aeration
- Outdoor Water Solutions Catalog
- Farm Pond Aeration
- Golf Pond Aeration
- Aeration Costs
- Healthy Ponds
- Pond Algae
- Owner Manuals
- Outdoor Water Solutions Articles
- Pond Expert Bob Lusk
- OWS Links