- Why Buy from OWS
Why Buy from OWS
Outdoor Water Solutions started in March of 2005 as a way to offer high-quality pond and lake products to our dealers and customers at reasonable prices. Our initial focus was on using wind energy to provide aeration says John Redd, President of Outdoor Water Solutions. Since then we have expanded our product line to include solar and electric aerators, fountains, pond microbes, dyes, docks and a wide range of other products.
We focus on providing a better product at a better price if possible as a lot of our customers are rural landowners who are looking for the best value out there. Our product quality and warranties are the longest in the industry due to an intense focus on continual improvement and product innovation. The company is in NW Arkansas and can ship product throughout North America and worldwide.
Why Purchase from Outdoor Water Solutions?
- New BalCam II Compressors with stainless steel components – exclusive to Outdoor Water Solutions!
- Industry-leading 5-year warranty on all compressors
- Industries only technical support hotline
- Heavy duty 16 gauge and 18 gauge galvanized steel construction
- Compressor design pumps up to 4.5 CFM of air at up to 30 psi using a single diaphragm, so fewer parts to maintain vs. other companies with double diaphragm compressors.
- Made in the USA, not imported from China, Mexico or Canada.
- Multiple tower heights (12’, 16’, 20’, 24’ and 25’ towers)
- Multiple tower styles – (3 Legged, 4 Legged, Telescopic & Wood Towers)
- Custom Powder Coating available in any and all colors.
- Largest head in the industry at 73” in diameter
- Welded one piece steel hub which attaches with 2 set screws and a thru bolt on the end, so you never have to worry about your head coming off
- Automatic over speed protection
- All bearings are permanently sealed and are inside of the compressor
- Designed for heavy load capacity
Outdoor Water Solutions introduced a new breakthrough compressor design in 2007 that pumped more air at a higher psi through a single diaphragm utilizing a balanced camshaft approach and was named the “BalCam” Compressor. The compressor workload is balanced across the camshaft and center bearing which means less bearing failure than competitive products.
In 2014, Outdoor Water Solutions developed a new, upgraded compressor that offers many exciting new patent pending features. This compressor offers a longer life span and is easier to rebuild for those that want this compressor to operate for 10-15+ years.
All Outdoor Water Solutions compressors carry a 5-year warranty which is the longest warranty in the industry!
Outdoor Water Solutions is the only Aeration Company using Stainless Steel Crankshafts and Excentrics!
Key Upgrades – BalCam II Compressor:
- New Stainless Steel Crankshafts
- New Stainless Steel Excentric
- ¼” Thick Top Cover Plate
- Upgraded Grade 8 Bolts on top
- Upgraded Welds on Compressor Canister
- Double Set Screw Design with Locking Snap Ring on all Excentrics and Center Bearings
- Flats Machined on Crankshaft to Lock all Bearings and Hub into Place
- Upgraded Neoprene Diaphragm
- Produces up to 4.5 CFM of air at 30 psi!
BalCam II Compressors now have Stainless Steel Crankshafts and Excentrics. This means no rust and will last for years. This also makes the compressor much easier to rebuild if you ever have to rebuild it.
- Aerates without electricity
- Proven effective in adding oxygen to water and improving the water environment
- Circulates stagnant water minimizing the mosquito breeding and the threat of West Nile
- Reduces pond algae, bacteria & odor
- Improves livestock and fish health
- One windmill aerator can aerate ponds that are up to 2- 3 acres in size
- Multiple systems can be used to aerate more than 3 acres
- Can be placed up to 1000’ away from the body of water
- Multiple airstones can be used to aerate wider bodied shallow ponds
- Effective in as little as 3-5 mph winds
Outdoor Water Solutions introduced a new line of affordable, quiet, high-efficiency solar aeration systems. Available with and without accessories and in multiple configurations, all with “Direct Drive™” DD Technology.
Each solar aeration system includes:
- 2 high efficiency solar panels with aluminum mounting brackets and adjustable pole bracket with variable angle configuration,
- 1 or 2 compressors,
- An OWS DD solar controller module,
- Heavy duty aluminum cabinet with locks,
- Mounting pole,
- Solar power disconnect switch,
- Cooling fan(s),
- Pressure gauge and a pressure relief valve.
Each can operate by itself, or the unit can be combined with a windmill aeration system or an electric aerator.
If you’re looking for affordable alternative energy solutions to keeping your pond clean and healthy, then look no further than our solar aeration systems!
Outdoor Water Solutions Battery backup solar aeration systems are designed to aerate at night or during extended periods of poor weather. These solar aeration units have 3 days of battery life and can operate up to 20 hours a day.
These are complete solar aeration systems that include high-efficiency solar panels, a charge controller, energy efficient compressor, programmable digital timers and a fully adjustable aluminum manifold housed in an attractive 100% recycled plastic cabinet.
Each solar aeration system includes self-weighted tubing to sink to the bottom of your pond along with a self-cleaning, non-clogging diffuser with a lifetime warranty.
Our AerMaster™ Pro electric aerators now include Quantum™ compressors:
- Maximum pressure up to 50 psi allowing you to aerate 10′, 20′, 30′ or even 40′ deep ponds or lakes
- Oil-less piston and cylinder for less maintenance
- Permanently lubricated sealed bearings
- Die-Cast Aluminum components
- Cylinder hard coated for less wear
- Balanced components for smooth, low vibration operation.
Also, each of these rocking piston compressors comes in an attractive powder coated aluminum cabinet with mounting options for a post, wall or on the ground with the included feet. They also have a lock to keep people out and include either one or two recirculating fans. These systems all carry a 3-year warranty and are designed to operate maintenance free.
Our AerMaster™ Pro 1, 2 & 3 aerators all have a 1/4 hp High Output Compressor and are great for ponds up to 1.5 acres. Accessories vary by model.
Our AerMaster Pro 5 & 6 aerators have a 1/2 hp High Output Compressor are great for ponds up to about 2.5 acres.
Lastly, our AerMaster Pro 8 & 9 aerators have a 3/4 hp High Output Compressor and can aerate 3-4+ acre ponds or lakes depending on depth and configuration.
Backyard Windmills are great as ornamental windmills for gardens or backyards. For small pond owners who have a pond the size of a pool and are looking for environmentally friendly ways to aerate their small pond, then the backyard windmill is an excellent solution. Backyard Windmills come in many different powder-coated colors or traditional galvanized steel with an optional aeration kit to aerate your pond.
Are you looking for environmentally friendly ways to keep your pond clean and already have an aeration system? Check out our pond conditioners, designed and developed by Outdoor Waters Solutions water specialists to give your pond the boost it needs to stay healthy and clean.
Each case of pond care pack is designed to treat 1/4 acre with an average depth of 4′.
Therefore, a 1-acre pond 4′ deep would use 4 pond care packs.
- Each pond care pack is packed in a box weighing 23 lbs.
- This is an environmentally friendly “Natural” line of products that helps maintain the health of a pond – some specialists are calling it the first available complete pond conditioner providing essential components for a healthy pond.
- Pack contains three separate ingredients:
- Top grade 5-way blend of a Bacteria product in a barley straw base in easy to use water soluble packets.
- A Water Clarifier, which helps consolidate and tie up excessive nutrients in the water.
- Two pouches of a high-quality Water Soluble Dye in water soluble bags.
Outdoor Water Solutions Lake & Pond Dye is a special blend of non-toxic, water soluble, food grade dyes formulated to reduce the penetration of sun’s light into the pond. The dye provides a natural blue color when applied to ponds, lakes and fountains.
- Outdoor Water Solutions Lake & Pond Dye are packaged in water soluble packets. The packets are protected by a unique, waterproof, foil-lined over pack to prevent accidental staining while handling.
- Cases come with 12-dye packs and are designed for attractive shelf pack or storage. It ensures ease of display at store level.
- Less mess and spillage vs. liquid dyes and are much easier to handle.
- Each water soluble packet will treat 1/4 acre 4′
Freeze Control Units
If you have a pond and are living in a colder area of North America, you should consider this accessory. The freeze control unit prevents the airline from freezing up in the winter and ensures the pond stays open all winter long.
If you are going to pump air into your water, then you need to consider an air diffuser. Water Aeration is 10 times more effective when you use an air diffuser to pump oxygen in the water. The Airstone Diffusers are rugged and durable and take the compressed air and efficiently turns it into thousands of tiny oxygen bubbles that are dissolved directly into the pond.
- 3 Ways to Control Algae in your Pond
- Common Windmill Questions and Answers
- Outdoor Water Solutions Video Channel
- Want a Picture Perfect Pond?
- Windmill Pond Aeration
- Outdoor Water Solutions Catalog
- Farm Pond Aeration
- Golf Pond Aeration
- Aeration Costs
- Healthy Ponds
- Pond Algae
- Owner Manuals
- Outdoor Water Solutions Articles
- Pond Expert Bob Lusk
- OWS Links